Navigating the CTEA/AETC Web Site
Under "About Us"/Services, you will find National Safety Mark (NSM) or Pre-clearance, NSM Review Service. Compliance Label Program, Compliance & Risk Management Workshop Info and Member Benefits
Under "Links"/Canadian Federal Government, you will find the Lists of Registered Pre-clearance & the List of Vehicle Manufactures Registered with Transport Canada (TC), TC Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations
Introducing the CTEA/AETC
The CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATION serves its members, commercial vehicle manufacturers (trucks and trailers), their dealers, distributors, component manufacturers and service providers in the Canadian marketplace.
The Association promotes excellence in commercial vehicle manufacturing through the development of standard practices. We also initiate and encourage research and development programs to improve component and vehicle design.
Acting as a spokesperson and liaison between the industry and government ministries, the CTEA promotes public awareness of the industry, its importance to the economy as well as maintaining a complete industry data base and providing a forum for networking within the Industry.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Association consists of nine (9) Directors elected for a two year term and is made up of the President, one (1) Vice-Presidents and seven (7) Member Directors. The CTEA contracts the services of an Executive Director reporting to the Board, to coordinate activities and to manage the business affairs of the Association.
Supplemental Membership Services
- Information exchange with related Associations: SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), NTEA (National Truck Equipment Association), TTMA (Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association), HDDC (Heavy Duty Distributor Council), NWRA (National Wheel & Rim Association) & others.
- Member: CCMTA (Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators).
- CTEA Today magazine and eXpress eNewsletter: membership announcements, feature articles, regulatory news and updates, member profiles, employment referrals, industry and Member news, surveys, technical papers, Member's new products.
- Initiate & coordinate industry research & development testing programs.
- Monitor Canada & Provincial Gazettes for proposed and new regulations affecting our industry sector.
- Organize regional meetings, Annual Meeting & Manufacturers' Business Conference and Technical Fair.
- Locate and supply technical papers and reference materials (discounts for members).
- Material sourcing and new product referrals.
- Training initiatives (ie. Commercial Vehicle Wheel Service Program)
Last Updated on Friday, 18 November 2011 10:10
The CTEA is the only not-for-profit trade Association in Canada that addresses the specific needs of commercial vehicle manufacturers. Our Member's products are primarily heavy duty vehicles (80%) with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) exceeding 14,970 kgs or 33,001 lbs. The remaining 20% have a GVWR of 4,537 kg or 10,001 lbs. We play a number of key roles on behalf of our Members. Please refer to Programs and Services for more detail.
Our funding is generated from annual Membership dues and the delivery of fee-generating programs and services. Our programs and some services are tailored to enhance Member's manufacturing capabilities and/or help them conform to the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act (CMVSA) and its Regulations and Standards. While the CMVSA is our primary focus, the Association also helps Members comply with other legislated requirements. Examples include: vehicle weights and dimensions, load security, wheel end safety, and suspensions (liftable / steerable axles) to name just a few.
About Our Members
The CTEA membership is composed of 540+ companies concerned with most aspects of the commercial vehicle manufacturing industry including:
- truck chassis / body, van, trailer, and specialty vehicle manufacturers (80.4 %);
- truck and trailer dealers/distributors (3.5 %); and
- other vital companies providing products/services to the industry, such as:
- Component Suppliers (12.8 %);
- Consultants to the Industry (1.8 %); and
- Engineering Consultants (1.5 %).
Our Membership base consists of about 80% Canadian and 20% American companies.
Want to Join?
Click Can_ApplicationENG.pdf for English Application Form.
Click Can_ApplicationFR.pdf for the French Application Form.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 April 2013 11:48
Coral Oilfield Services Inc.
May 22, 2013
Nov Wilson (Full Tilt)
May 13, 2013
Flo-Back Equipment Rental and Sales Ltd.
April 15, 2013
Drain All Equipment Inc.
April 15, 2013
North Country Customs (101077696)
April 4, 2013
Galbreath, LLC (Wastequip - Indiana)
April 4, 2013
Agility Fuel Systems
April 4, 2013
Elcon Systems Ltd.
March 28, 2013
March 22, 2013
March 20, 2013
Spray Arc Ltd.
March 19, 2013
Myshak Sales & Rentals Ltd.
March 07, 2013
February 22, 2013
RTA Holdings Ltd.
February 20, 2013
February 12, 2013
Expressway Trucks Waterloo
February 6, 2013
Airland Manufacturing Inc.
February 1, 2013
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 10:39